A COURSE IN MIRACLES Study and Discussion Groups
A Course in Miracles (ACIM) study and discussion groups are offered in person (in Ottawa, Canada) and throughout the world via Skype. See below for further details and for the various options you have to participate.
Purpose and Intention:
ACIM study and discussion groups are intended as a forum for ACIM Students to:
- Come together and share in ACIM learning and teaching;
- Seek an expanded understanding of Course principles;
- Support each other through our respective personal and spiritual transformation; and
- Prepare us for fulfillment of our earth-plain journey.
Approach and Methodology:
As with any spiritual practice, these is no right way when it comes to our journey toward enlightenment. ACIM should be studied and practiced in a way that is most comfortable for the individual student.
To facilitate group discussion, and the proposed purpose of the study group, without adding unnecessary structure to the gatherings, any / all of the following approaches and study activities may be used:
- Meditation / contemplative reflection on a prayer or passage from the Course;
- Discussion of selected readings from the Course;
- Review of experiences with individual lessons;
- Exploration of topical areas in the Course (e.g., love, forgiveness, etc.);
- Sharing of Course experiences and how we are living the Course in our daily lives;
- Sharing of questions that arise from the above.
Spiritual Guidance facilitates the following ACIM study and discussion groups:
- Tuesday evenings, 7:00 - 8:30pm. This study group enjoys a variety of activities ranging from a review of the Course text, Workbook for Students lessons, topical areas and an ever-present invitation to share how we are living the Course in our daily lives. This gathering is held at Café Qui Pense, 204 Main Street, Ottawa; next to Singing Pebbles Bookstore, across from St. Paul's University.
- Wednesday evenings, 7:00 - 8:30pm. Are you working the 12-step program? Are you struggling with addiction and don't know where to turn for help? Is a loved one struggling with addiction and you don't know how to cope? Click here for more details about these gatherings.
- Thursday evenings, 7:00 - 8:30pm. This study group enjoys a variety of activities ranging from a review of the Course text, Workbook for Students lessons, topical areas and an ever-present invitation to share how we are living the Course in our daily lives. This gathering is held at Café Qui Pense, 204 Main Street, Ottawa; next to Singing Pebbles Bookstore, across from St. Paul's University.
- Saturday evenings, 7:00 - 8:30pm EST. This study group offers you the opportunity to join us for a weekly webinar, via Skype. Skype technology provides you with the opportunity and flexibility to call into the gatherings from anywhere in the world (so long as you have a Skype connection), to join in the study of the Course with other family members. This means you can Skype in from the comfort of your own sacred space whenever you cannot be with us in person. If you have a Skype account, send us a connection request to “robert.meagher.03171966” and specify you wish to be added to the Skype ACIM Study Group. If you do not have a Skype account, download and install the software, then send me a Skype connection request.
- Sunday evenings, 7:00 - 8:30pm. This study group enjoys a variety of activities ranging from a review of the Course text, Workbook for Students lessons, topical areas and an ever-present invitation to share how we are living the Course in our daily lives. This gathering is held at a private residence in downtown Ottawa. This gathering is accepting expressions of interest to participate. You will be placed on a waiting list and when a space opens up for your participation, you will be contacted. To be placed on a waiting list for participation in this study group, please contact Robert by phone (613-204-0299) or email (email@example.com).
- 3rd Sunday of every month, 3:30 - 5:00pm. Have you heard of A Course in Miracles and are you interested in finding out more? Come and get your questions answered at this 90 minute information session. This gathering is held at Café Qui Pense, 204 Main Street, Ottawa; next to Singing Pebbles Bookstore, across from St. Paul's University. Click here for more details of these Information Sessions.
There are openings in most study groups mentioned above. Contact us at 613-204-0299 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to participate in any of the above study or discussion groups.
Study and discussion groups are offered and facilitated from the heart. Spiritual Guidance does gratefully accept your in-kind donation or free will offering for participation in the study and discussion groups.
What are people saying about the study / discussion groups:
"I wanna tell you I am very thankful and grateful to you Robert for all the time I've spent in your group. I've been in a whole bunch of different study groups and I can tell you honestly that your group is the most professional one. Somehow Robert you manage to combine the both worlds of a disciplined professional approach and a feels-like-home atmosphere.After the last 2.5 years, your study group Robert as well as all of the other ones helped me to solve my biggest problem with ACIM - to undo my resistance against the Text. And in the fall of 2017 I could finally start reading the Text on my own. Robert, you will always be in my mind as a very kind and caring leader. God bless you and let's allow the Holy Spirit to dispel the dream of guilt for us all. Thank you!"
"Today we had 5 people attend. A great discussion and I so appreciate how Robert directs the agenda."
"I’ve been attending Rob’s gatherings on A Course in Miracles (ACIM) for the past year, which have been a highlight of my life. I love those weekly sessions - the honest sharing and support, and Rob’s gracious guidance and insights into that mighty Course, which can be impenetrable when you study it alone. I’m deeply grateful to him for organizing these sessions at a time in my life when I’ve needed to connect with others in our spiritual journey. I think of Rob as a man of love-in-action, truly dedicated to being of service to others. He’s a gifted facilitator, attentive to the thoughts and concerns of everyone in the group. He creates a wonderfully peaceful and safe space for us to learn and grow. And I appreciate his marvelous sense of humour! Thank you, Rob, for being there – and being you."
"Robert is a real inspiration to me as I begin to study ACIM. The knowledge he imparts on me is greatly appreciated. I look forward to our ACIM meetings."
~ Lee Ann
"Through his invitation of a study group such as ACIM, Robert Meagher offers the wonderful opportunity to examine our beliefs and ideas in relation to the absolute uncertainty of our creation. He is himself a true example of this expression of Peace Love and Joy; an inspirational teacher in this transformative journey which embraces all aspects of A Course in Miracles."
Would you like to receive a weekly e-mail about upcoming ACIM-related programming?